Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tacos

When I make tacos, I always purchase the taco kits that have taco sauce in them. My family does not put taco sauce directly on their tacos, so I always mix the sauce into the ground beef.

TACOS

approximately 2 1/2 - 3 lbs ground beef (we have extra for leftover taco salad), browned
Add to the browned ground beef and simmer until done:
2 Homemade Taco Seasoning Mixes
1 1/3 cups water
The two taco sauce packages from the two Old El Paso taco kits OR 1 cup Old El Paso taco sauce (I used mild)

I throw out the taco seasoning packages that come with the kits.

4 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Hey from Arkansas girl! I think I need to ad you to my Folks that can cook blogroll!!

My sister graduated from Quachita too! Carla Martin. . . know her?

Rochelle said...

Interesting. Why do you not use the taco seasoning that comes with the kits but you use the sauce? I use the whole thing, it doesn't bother me, I just was curious.

Have you ever tried using ground turkey for tacos? I've been amazed at how after a couple times I think it tastes sooo much better. Now I can't even attempt to have ground beef in my tacos, it tastes funny. Amazing how our tastebuds change. I used to think using turkey sounded gross. LOL. ;)

Unknown said...

Homemade taco seasoning sound great!!! I think you can even add it to chicken for chicken tacos. THANKS!!! for the recipes.

Savories of life said...

I eill have to amke this as it is a heathy recope! I love cooking. Come on over and see me and do follow my blog.