Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Farmer's Breakfast

Farmer's Breakfast

Russet or white potatoes, maybe 10 or 12
1 lb bacon
1 dozen eggs
2 cup package of shredded cheese (I use Colby-jack or Mexican four-cheese)

Cube potatoes. Fry in vegetable oil, seasoning with salt and *a lot of* Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb. I cook enough potatoes that it takes my family-size 12" skillet.

While potatoes are cooking, fry bacon, either in another skillet or in the microwave. Crumble the bacon when it is cool enough to handle. Crack eggs and get them ready to cook when everything else is done.

When the potatoes are done, I put a few paper towels in the bottom of a large bowl and then place the potatoes on top to drain. I scramble the eggs in the skillet without washing it since it is already oiled up.

When the eggs are done, lower the heat and put the potatoes, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese in with the eggs. Stir it all together until it is mixed up well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately. This is good leftover, too.

Note: Since I first posted this recipe, I have a preteen boy that has become a human garbage disposal. I now have to make more food than I even did before. This recipe as written will make a lot with leftovers for most people. Now if I want leftovers I have to use two packages of bacon, 18 eggs, and three to four cups of cheese. And a lot of potatoes, although I can't tell you how many because I just know when I've cut up enough. As opposed to maybe 10 to 12 small-medium, now it's maybe 10 to 12 medium-large. Don't you just hate it when people are vague like that in recipes.

0 comments: